- A 49-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of preparing terrorist attacks in London Southend Airport.
- Etihad Airways is believed to be assisting Australian Police in investigating the alleged Sydney terror plot as a third suspect is arrested.
- Minnesota governor, Mark Dayton labeled the bombing of a suburban Minneapolis Mosque ‘an act of terrorism.’
- Fear of major terror attack rises in France as hundreds of jihadis supposedly return home from Syria.
- A French man who threatened Eiffel Tower security with a knife has engendered a counter-terrorism probe.
- Four men from Birmingham based terrorist group, the ‘Three Musketeers‘ have supposedly been jailed for life for plotting terror attacks making use of bomb and knives.
- Nigeria’s Acting President, Yemi Osibanjo described the internet and fake news as influencers of terrorism.
- The US has ratified the sale of $600 million worth of high-tech attack planes including 12 A-29 Super Tucano light-attack aircraft to Nigeria in its fight against terrorism.
News Briefing – Week Beginning 31 July 2017