An array of of suicide bomb attacks believed to be carried out by females (and a male) have rocked different locations in Maiduguri, Borno State, killing 16 and injuring 13 others as confirmed by Mr. Damian Chukwu, Borno State Commissioner of Police.
Giving details, the CP explained that around 10 pm of 25th June, 2017, a male suicide bomber blew himself up close to the Rapid Response Services Office building, a security post of the University of Maiduguri, after gaining access into the University premises.
According to him, the suicide bomber died while wounding three of the university’s security personnel on duty.
Less than two later, further explosions were reported at Zanari, Jere Local Government Area on the outskirts of Maiduguri as bombs were donated in a residential building killing eight and injuring 11 people, explained the Police Commissioner.
A female bomber (identified as Becky Edubiwho) is believed to have died at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, following injuries from the bombing was earlier captured alive.
- A new study has revealed that majority of the terrorist attacks in America are not by Muslims as earlier believed.
- According to an unpublished report delayed by the Home Office, a little less than 50 foreign terrorists have used human rights laws to remain in the UK.
- UK Home Secretary, Ms Amber Rudd has supposedly revealed that the British Police is stressed out due to terrorist attacks as she calls for a review of recent terrorist attacks in the UK.
- A man was arrested on suspicion of terror offences after a white van ploughed into a group of worshipers close to Finsbury Park Mosque, North London.
- Six people are believed to be injured after a car ploughed into people celebrating the Eid al-Fitr outside a sports centre in Newcastle in what Police say is not terror related.
- A policeman has been killed following a stabbing in a terror related attack as millions gathered to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in Medan, Indonesia.
- Officers in Italy have arrested a 29-year-old asylum seeker on charges of inciting terrorism in the country.
- Six foreign pilgrims have supposedly been injured in a foiled suicide bombing attack on the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia as worshipers gathered for their last prayers.
- Armed Forces of the Philippines, Chief-Of-Staff, General Eduardo Año has warned that there are 40 foreign terrorists in the country and the number is increasing.
- Several supposed terrorists have been arrested following foiling terrorist attacks by the Department of State Services (DSS) aimed at people celebrating Eid-el-Fitr in several locations in North Western-Eastern Nigeria.
- The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has purportedly suggested that the $85 billion global illicit drug trade is exacerbating terrorism in West Africa, most notably Nigeria.
- Two people have been killed and six injured after a police convoy was ambushed in Borno, North Eastern Nigeria by Boko Haram.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has reiterated the need for countries to strengthen the fight against terrorism financers as well as corruption and tax evasion.
Armed Police officers have been called up to several locations in London: London Bridge, Vauxhall and Borough market. They are believed to have responded to stabbing and shootings in Borough market, a vehicular collision with pedestrians on London Bridge and an incident in Vauxhall.
A van is said to have mowed down pedestrians on London Bridge. People in the areas of the incident in Vauxhall, London Bridge and Borough Market have been urged by the Metropolitan police to get to safer areas away from the scenes.
Source: Metropolitan Police twitter feed
Several emergency service workers have been called up to the area with good will messages and help pouring out from public officials and the public.
According to Metropolitan Police twitter page, at 0025hrs 4/6/17 the incidents at
#LondonBridge & #BoroughMarket were regarded as terrorist incidents while the incident at #Vauxhall is believed to be an unconnected stabbing to the incidents at London Bridge and Borough Market.